Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My brother is coming home!

YAY!! My brother J.D. is coming home from his mission in Ohio on August 6th. His flight comes in around 4:40 that afternoon. We are all so excited to see him! August 6th happens to be my dad's birthday too so we are going to have a big party with all of us and there will be lots and lots of cake! :)


J.D.


We have been in a bad habit of eating out almost everyday... It just seems so much easier seeing as there is just the two of us. We also thought that it was cheaper.... oh how wrong we were. We decided that it was time that we tried making our own meals here at home. I bought enough food for about 12 different meals and we'll be able to make each one twice. I tried to make it so that the things that I bought could be used for more than one or two meals. It ended up coming out to be less then $5 dollars per meal for the two of us together! Wow! They aren't just hamburger helpers either. ;)  Each meal looks really yummy and they are new. I found all the recipes from different blogs. So as we try out each one I'll post up the recipes if they turn out to be as good as they look.

4 comments:

Steph, Ty, and Kylee said...

Coley, your blog is so cute and wow! I'm amazed at your cakes. You've always been creative so it wasnt a surprise but those cakes are really amazing! You should teach me sometime. or next time shea shea is up we should have a big sleepover like the old days.Where is the bakery you work at i'll have to come taste! :] ya know my birthday is the 1 of sept a month from yours ;] jk. I hope things are going good! love ya

Lisa said...

oops i was still signed in as steph it was really me lisa hahah

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Chris and I ate out a lot when we first got married and now we only try to eat out when we leave town... WAY too expensive...lol

Anonymous said...

Yay! JD's coming home! I'm probably not as excited as you are, but I'm pretty dang excited :)