Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thursday & Friday's Meals

On Thursday we had Lasagna Roll-Ups and No-Knead Dinner Rolls.
I have never been successful with yeast unless I can just toss it in the breadmaker so I was a little hesitant about trying my hand at home made rolls again. I'm really glad I gave it a shot though. This roll recipe was great for me because it gave me an exact temperature that my liquid needed to be heated to. So I was so excited to see my rolls overflowing from the muffin tin :). The only problem I had with them is that they got a little too brown... the recipe is from my boss who is from Spanish Fork, UT and apparently things cook a little faster down here than up there. They still tasted good though.
Last night we had Baked Taquitos and Cinnamon Rolls. Again I was a little scared about the yeast but it worked out great and I think I'm going to make more for tomorrow.

I didn't take pictures again... I prefer blogs that put up pictures of what things look like so I'll try and make sure to get pictures here on out.
Anyway give them a try and if you do try any let me know what you think. They are all posted on my Recipes Page.

This afternoon, we cheated and ate at Cafe Rio with Mark's family. Afterward we went and saw Inception. I wasn't a huge fan. It was pretty interesting but I don't do well watching stressful movies, which this one was and the last 45 minutes I couldn't wait for it to just be over. The way they ended it was frustrating to me too because it was left kind of hanging so then, I wanted it to keep going so it would just be finished. In any case, it was still fun to get out for the day.

No comments: